Friday, September 7, 2012

Idiot Summer

With the start of the new school year, I figured I should probably recap/discuss/whine about the summer of 2012.

Let me start by saying I do believe this was my busiest summer to date. I've never scheduled so many things in one brief period of time, but I certainly wouldn't change it.

Men of the summer:
This summer has been the summer of dating for me. The firefighter and I are very much over, yet still have remained friends. We talk occasionally but there is no desire on my part to be with him again. No attraction, no sexual tension calling me back to him. Maybe it's because we haven't seen one another in ages, or maybe it's because I've been dating more and have experienced more in the land of the male companion. I dated a guy who was a realtor for a brief period of time. He was tall, handsome, successful and over an hour away. Our schedule conflicts and the distance made it impossible for anything to develop between us. Guy #2 works with emotionally disturbed kids. He also has a second job in a grocery store. His only day off is Monday and so in turn we hardly saw one another. We had great chemistry and get along beautifully when we are together. It's just a shame it can't happen more often. Guy #3, Mr. railroad. He works for a railroad company, moved down this way for work. Our chemistry is off the charts. We get along amazingly, our dates have been fantastic, we have so much in common. His kissing style is one that takes my breath away. He sadly, spends his entire weekends back at home 4 hours away. Very limited time to see him. Perhaps when bass fishing season (he competes) is over he will be around more. Guy #4...The Correctional officer...well, he needs his own paragraph.

#4 and I started talking via the POF website. He had messaged me and I actually debated whether or not I would give him a shot before messaging him back. His profile wasn't very detailed and his primary picture wasn't the most wonderful. I decided to give him a shot because he was local. Less than 20 minutes from me. We started talking and talked for nearly 24 straight hours. We found we had so much in common and our conversation was never lacking. He had invited me to come to jam night (a Tuesday night tradition over the summers) with his friends but I was feeling under the weather so I declined. He continued to talk to me throughout the night, making sure I was feeling okay and even sending me a video of the fun. We decided to schedule our first date for the following day. We met for breakfast and ended up spending the entire day together. Breakfast turned into spending time watching tv at his place, which led to Kan Jam and beers at his friend's house which then turned into the Stone Temple Pilot's concert at Bethel. I stayed with him that night, woke up and had to get my car keys from his friend's house, went home to shower and play with Coda then came back to hang out with him and his friends. I didn't leave to go home until nearly 11:00 that night. #4's job schedule is nice; two days on, four days off. Plenty of time to hang out. He went to work, I enjoyed time with family. Sunday of that week I ran a 5k in Brooklyn and then had the Jason Aldean concert to attend at Bethel. #4 was coming with me to the concert. He met me at my house and played with Coda while I showered and changed. He's not a country music fan, but had an enjoyable time and was fun to be with at the show. He stayed over that night. Monday he left to help a friend and I did some cleaning. We saw each other Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday night after leaving his friend's house I ended up with a flat tire. I changed the tire and managed to lose my phone by driving away while it was still on the roof of my car. He helped me search in the dark for hours for my phone that night. We didn't find it so he made me stay at his place as my other tire was ready to blow and I had no phone. He arranged to get my car fixed by a friend of his and helped me locate my phone the following morning. (It had been run over by a car.) he loaned me his car so I could get home and shower then try and figure out a phone situation. He was beyond helpful and sweet. Things were great. I enjoyed my time with him as well as my time with his friends. They all seem to have accepted me into their group and I felt welcomed and at peace around them. Thursday I spent time at his friend's house by invitation despite his being at work. Friday night was the kick-off of the three-day labor day camping party palooza. Three days of drinking, bonfires, camping and just having a good time. I arrived and was having a good time prior to #4 getting off of work. Things were strange with him. He seemed irritated and was very short with me. There was some drama that night around the two of us which I believed we had resolved. I stayed at his place that night and left him the following morning with no issues. Saw him Saturday after I returned from a different party and things were odd again. saw him Sunday and it was as if nothing had ever happened. Monday he became upset with me again after I didn't hug him goodbye. We talked Monday after we went home and now we are "just friends." What happened? I've never experienced so much good in such a small amount of time and have also never seen things turn sour so quickly. We talk, joke and carry on as usual. I guess we will see what time has to offer. I can't pretend that i am not sad about this, but there isn't much i can do In the meantime, I'm so thankful that he has introduced me to his friends. I have made some awesome new friends through him and I'm enjoying their company more than you could imagine.

Events:
Concerts that I attended this summer include:
Zac Brown Band
Lady Antebellum with Thompson Squared and Darrius Rucker
Summerland Tour (Marcy Playground, Lit, Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray and Everclear)
Stone Temple Pilots
Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan

I was supposed to go to Brad Paisley but was suffering from headaches/migraines at the time so had to skip it. The concerts were so much fun and I had a good time at all of them. cannot wait to see who will be coming to Bethel next year!

On top of the concerts, I attended a number of parties and ran my first 5k. I had such a blast at the color run with Jamie. I fully intend on doing it again next year. I'm running the color me rad 5k in two weeks and that will officially close out my summer activities. I have a wedding of a friend and co-worker to go to tomorrow. Very much looking forward to that.

I'm going to end it here. Too much rambling.





No comments:

Post a Comment